CHS Students Back To School This Week

Remote Learning Scheduled Through Sept. 14

Students had their temperatures checked Aug. 17 when they returned to school.

Chester High School is starting the school year in a remote mode, but students will be in the building one day the first week for orientation and meeting with teachers.2020-2021 School Year
School started Aug. 17 and the days students will be attending are as follows:

Monday- Freshman and Junior (A Group)
Tuesday- Freshman and Junior (B Group)
Wednesday- No students
Thursday- Sophomore and Senior (A Group)
Friday- Sophomore and Senior (B Group)

Class Schedule to follow all week:
1st hour 8:10 – 8:51
2nd hour 8:55 – 9:29
3rd hour 9:33 – 10:07
4th hour 10:11 – 10:45
5th hour 10:49 – 11:23
6th hour 11:27 – 12:01
7th hour 12:05 – 12:39
Students will be released after the 7th hour.
The cafeteria staff will have lunches available for students to grab and go.

Bus riders will be staying in the cafeteria until buses pick up at 2:43. The high school will have the early bus pick up this year.

After the first week, classes will be conducted remotely. Superintendent Brian Pasero said he hoped in-person classes could resume by Sept. 14.

Principal Melissa Meyer also announced some other aspects of the new school year.

Masks: All students and parents will be required to wear masks anytime they enter the school buildings. The district will provide two reusable masks for every student. Please label these with your child’s name to prevent it from being used by another student and wash the masks regularly and prior to their first use.

Water: Students will be allowed to bring their own water bottles to avoid use of the water fountains. Water bottles should be clear and labeled with the child’s name.

Daily Self Certification : Attached to this message, and can be found on both school websites, is the Daily Self Checklist for Student Self Certification. The sheet itself does not need to be returned. However, Parents are to use this checklist with their students to be certain their child is exhibiting no symptoms and is ok to come to school on any day he or she is assigned. If your child is exhibiting any of the symptoms listed, keep them home from school. Students will be given a temperature check and asked about symptoms upon his or her arrival at school. Students with a fever or symptoms will be sent home for a period of up to 10 days. Please refer to the attached “Student COVID-19 Return to School Flowchart ” for additional information regarding returning to school.

((Please indicate on your child’s Grade Level Google Classroom that you are aware of the symptom list.))

Transportation: CCUSD 139 will continue to provide transportation running traditional routes. To assist with social distancing, we would encourage any parents to find alternate routes of transportation whenever possible. Students will be screened for temperature and symptoms upon bus entry. Students exhibiting symptoms will be quarantined towards the front of the bus and parents will be asked to pick up their student at school when they arrive.

All-Remote Option for Enrolled CCUSD 139 Students: Our goal is to provide students with as much face to face instruction as we feel we can safely provide. However, students will always have the option to remain a student in an All-Remote format through the 2020-2021 school year. Please contact your school principal if you are wanting this option for your child.

Chromebook / Ipad Needs : CCUSD 139 has a limited number of Chromebooks available for those students and families that are without a device needed to complete many of the on-line components of Remote Learning. Please sign and return to your school office page 3 of the attached agreement for loaning out a device.

Internet Needs: CCUSD 139 is working to acquire cellular hotspots for families without home internet access. Please contact the school office to let them know that you will need a device and you will be contacted when those devices become available.

Wheelchair Dependent Students: Please sign and return the attached Acknowledgement form. The form can also be found on the school website.