Williams honored for 1,000 points

Destiny Williams was recognized for scoring the 1,000th point in her high school career.

Shawnell Madison

Audrey Hopper, Sting Reporter

On Wednesday, January 23, the Chester Lady Jackets played the 16-3 Sesser Valier Lady Devils, at home. Trying to defeat this all renounced team for the third time this year, the Lady Jackets took a loss by 11 points with the final score being 60-49.

Destiny Williams and Reese Chandler led the team in points with 11 points each. Falling shortly behind, Josie Kattenbraker and Alyssa Seymour both scored 10 points, and Kendall Williams had 7 points. The Lady Jackets had a lot of hope winning this game being tied 25-25 at halftime. The loss was disappointing considering the Lady Jackets were so close to what would be their first victory against the Lady Devils, but there’s always next season!

On Thursday, January 24, the Chester Lady Jackets traveled to Trico High School to play the Lady Pioneers. The Lady Jackets won by a whopping 41 points, 67-26,  with the JV team going in after half time.

Destiny Williams led the team with 18 points, Josie Kattenbraker closely following with 15 points, Reese Chandler with 13 points, Alyssa Seymour with 7 points, Peyton Clendenin with 6 points, Kendall Williams with 4 points, Katie Shinabarger with 2 points, and Tori Berger with 2 points. Over-all, the away game versus the Lady Pioneers was a high scoring game, and we’re excited to watch them play Trico again this Thursday at home.

On Monday, January 28, the Chester Lady Jackets played Christopher for the second time this season. With a one-point 57-56 win from the Lady Jackets, this was one of the most exciting games played by the Lady Jackets.

The final score being 57-56. The first time the Lady Jackets played Christopher away, they lost by 16 points, so this was an exciting win for the team. Destiny Williams led the team with 23 points, Alyssa Seymour with 14 points, Reese Chandler with 12 points, Kendall Williams with 6 points, and Josie Kattenbraker with 2 points. The Lady jackets were up by 5 points at half time, the score being 27-22. The Lady Jackets shots fell incredibly and every single point counted. There was a record of 12/15 free throws. There were 18 offensive rebounds, and 18 defensive rebounds. The time management was perfect in the 4th quarter, and the Lady Jackets pulled out an incredible win!

Shawnell Madison
Reese Chandler makes a pass in Chester’s game against Sesser-Valier-Waltonville.