2019-20 dance team and cheer team tryouts

Mallary Vasquez, Editor

The Season of Spring marks new beginnings in the world, and here at CHS, it means sports team tryouts. Tryouts for dance and cheer will be coming up very soon for returning and new students at Chester High. Students are encouraged to come to these tryouts if they are ready to work all year round for these teams.

The Dance tryouts will be on March 25-29 unless otherwise changed. Times for this will most likely be from 6 pm to 8 pm but could be declared differently. On Monday through Wednesday participants will learn two routines, a sideline (these are performed during pregame at basketball games) and a 10 8-count routine, along with technique. On Thursday, everyone will go through a mock try-out before the final event on Friday, where all participants will try-out. Judges will be looking for the best facials, energy, positivity and, of course, whichever students can execute the dances the best. Tryouts are open to anyone who will be in high school next year at Chester, and whichever students are eligible. Packets for tryouts will be in the office for students to pick up on their own accord and to fill out fully by the first practice of the tryouts on Monday.

Cheer tryouts will be held from 7-9 p.m. on March 19-21 at the high school. Participants hoping to join the Cheer team will learn and perform a cheer and a dance along with tumbling and jumps. For more details, those interested can ask the students who are on the cheer team and listen for the announcements in the morning along with keeping their eyes peeled for any flyers about it around the school.