Ms. Millburg Joins CHS Staff

Vocational/Agriculture Teacher

Charles Morgan

Miss Millburg was among the teachers who dressed in Christmas pajamas Dec. 1 as CHS teachers got into the holiday spirit.

Charles Morgan, Sting Reporter

Ms. Millburg is the new vocational/agriculture teacher at CHS.

Ms. Millburg went to high school in Virden, Illinois, and then earned her associate’s degree at Lincoln Lake Community College in Springfield. She obtained her bachelor’s degree from Western Illinois University in Macomb, and did her student teaching at Southeastern High School in Augusta.

She was inspired to be a teacher from an early age.

“I’ve always kind of worked with kids and younger students, and I really enjoyed basically working with kids, and then I had a really awesome science teacher in 4th or 5th grade that just really got me on science which is a subject I didn’t really like before but I knew in middle school going into high school that I’d probably want to teach,” Ms. Millburg said. “I had some really awesome teachers in high school that just really inspired me.”

Why did you decide to teach in Chester?
Response: “So for agriculture specific positions we have kind of a database that we can look at to decide what we want to apply for, and Chester came up and I really liked that it was in Southern Illinois, I’m from around Springfield and if I was going to move I was going to move south. So I like the area and whenever I interviewed and talked to Mrs. Meyer I just really liked how big the school and the town and everything seemed to be, it sounded like it’d be a good thing.”

Where did you do your studying/schooling?
Response: “So I went to high school in Verdon Illinois, and then I did my associate degree at Lincoln Lake Community College in Springfield, and then I transferred after I got my sociates to Western Illinois University in Macomb, and then got my bachelors degree there and for student teaching, I taught at southeastern high school in Augusta.”

How long did you study for?
Response: “So I was in college for four and a half so four years of full classes and then a semester of student teaching.”

Did you have any support as a teacher by friends, family, etc.?
Response: “Yes, absolutely. Once I got into college and really started doing my education classes, my family was always for it and supported me but once I saw how I really got into my education classes they were all for it. My friends have always been supportive and then of course like my teachers and people that I’ve met through college have been really helpful and really pushed me as well.”