Meet The Teacher — Boyd

Emma Bryant, Editor

Mrs. Boyd is the newest Consumer Economics teacher at the high school! She has many goals for this school year: when her students leave her classroom, she wants them to leave with a skill that they can take into the real world. She is taking over Mrs. Coop’s teaching position.

In previous years, she taught for 13 years in inner city St. Louis, worked 12 years in corporate America. She traveled, trained, and taught online classes all the way to Canada. She has a bachelor’s degree in business management and a minor in psychology. Also, a masters degree in education and can teach 6th-12th grade. She prefers high school students. She started on her Doctorate.

She wanted to go into business management, but it was very hard for women to do things like that, back in the day. So, she went back to school for an education degree on top of her other degree. She had to ask herself “what am I good at?” Her response was teaching.

R: She graduated from Chester High School. She likes to rescue senior dogs, 4 in total. Now she has a 3 year old puppy and 6 cats. She has a spouse named Michael, 1 son and a granddaughter named Aubrey. Her husband and herself sold everything they owned in 2012 and traveled the country in their RV for 3 years. She has been to 48 states!

We are all super excited for everything that she brings to CHS!