Dance Team Second At IDTA Regional

The Chester High School Dance Team took second at the IDTA Regional competition at Marion.

Kylie Fortner, Sting Reporter

The Chester High School Dance Team took second in the Illinois Drill Team Association Regional Jan. 15 at Marion.
This followed up a first place in Class A of pom dance at Belleville East on Dec. 11.
The dance team will be competing in the IHSA Sectional Jan. 22 at Mascoutah to see if they have a chance to qualify for IHSA state next weekend.

Members of the Dance Team are Kylie Fortner, Maria Nickle, Paige Vasquez, Hailey Clendenin, Amanda Kennon, Kaylie Springston, Grace Welborn, Paige Hamilton, Mirra Krieg, Whitney Sulser and Summer Valleroy.

The Chester High School Dance Team has been dominating the competition all season long. They have only missed one competition this season due to COVID-19, but the last two competitions they have gone to, they have placed first and second.
They have not gotten a qualifying score just yet, but with already bringing home hardware, the team is looking for a state qualifying score. The team has been working hard the past few months to be able to possibly go to state this year. They still have their fingers crossed and are doing their best to do just that.