Band Unveils Halftime Show

Chelsea August, Sting Reporter

The Chester High School Marching Band performed the Pre-Game show as well as the Power Rock half-time show on Friday, September 2, on the W.O. Smith football field. Mr. Colonel said, “We’re excited to be performing a show filled with Power Rock anthems from the 80s and 90s.” The show includes “Smells Like Teen Spirit” by Nirvana, “Enter Sandman” by Metallica, and “Dream On” by Aerosmith. It was directed by this year’s Drum Majors, Isaiah Roth and Sydney Collins. This was the first football game since the 2019-2020 school year that the band has marched with the full uniform. Although this is true, the band had to march without plumes due to the chance of inclement weather. Mr. Colonel expressed, “It’s been great to finally feel like we’ve returned to normal performing a complete show in full uniform for the first time since 2019.”

The students attended Band Camp on August 1-3. This was to help them prepare for the field show and get a head start on learning the music. Although not everyone showed up, there was much better attendance than previous years. Now that school has been running for a couple of weeks, Mr. Colonel has been taking the band out to the football field to practice during the 7th hour Band class. Even though students complain, it is a necessary evil and will help to hone the show. Mr. Colonel expressed, “We are looking forward to a great year in the CHS Music Department. We’re hoping to make many memories as the year marches on.”