Homecoming Underway At CHS

Mikayla Straight

Sophomores told the story of Goldilocks and the Three Bears

Cesar Marquez, Sting Reporter

It’s time to get excited for Homecoming!
The Homecoming dance will be 7-10:30 p.m. on Saturday, Oct. 1, in Juergen’s Gym, with the King Coronation Ceremony starting at 9 PM, so don’t miss out on that.
The homecoming court will consist of the Junior male competitors Evan Bland and Korbin Jany. The Junior female competitors are Bethany Baughman and Camryn Luthy. The Senior king candidates are Aidan Blechle, Koby Jany, and Chance Mott. The Senior queen candidates are Maleia Absher, Paige Vasquez, and Reese McCormick. If you are wanting to know more about the tickets, they will be sold during lunch on September 26 – 30. They cost $15 for one ticket and $25 for couples. There is a Breathalyzer Form that must be signed and turned in at the office by Thursday, Sept. 29. Also, if you are wanting to take someone for Homecoming who does not live in Chester, sign a Dance Form for out-of-town guests and turn it in at the office by Friday, September 30.
Chester will play Carlyle in the homecoming football game at 7 p.m. on Friday, Sept. 30. The queen coronation will occur at halftime.
Hall decorating will occur this weekend, with judging Monday morning.
The powderpuff football game will start at 6 p.m. on Wednesday, Sept. 28, with the first game at 6 p.m. Following the games will be a pep rally and bonfire.
The Homecoming parade will step off at 4 p.m. on Friday, Sept. 30.
Chester’s Homecoming Week opened Monday with the sophomores winning the hallway decorating contest.

The seniors took second, freshmen third and juniors fourth.

Monday’s theme was Barbecue Dads & Soccer Moms. Tuesday’s theme was everything but a backpack (see video).
The remaining schedule for Homecoming week is:

Wednesday: Powderpuff Shirts/Class Shirts & Student Jeans
Thursday: Little Miss, Mr., Mx.
Friday: Orange & Black-out