Tickets On Sale For Poe Play

Noah Wetzel, Sting Reporter

CHS Theater will present An Evening with Edgar Allan Poe on March 16, 17, and 18. Shows start at 7:00 with a Saturday matinee at 2:00 pm. Tickets are $10 per person, or free for children 12 and under. (No tickets needed for child entry!)
The matinee time was changed from 1 p.m.

If you would like to purchase a ticket, please see a student member of Theater, Miss Hodge, or the main office.

With the yearly theater production just a week away, let’s go over what we’re looking forward to. An Evening with Edgar Allan Poe consists of 5 short stories, each with their own unique story to tell.

“The Cask of Amontillado” follows 2 friends, Fortunato and Montresor, venturing down to a large wine cellar, but Montresor, has other plans for Fortunato.

“The Purloined Letter” follows 2 Parisian detectives and a police chief trying to recover a letter stolen from a royal figure.

“The Fall of the House of Usher” follows a man visiting his old childhood friend and his friends’ gravely ill sister. However, things are about to take a dark and strange turn.

“The Oblong Box” follows a sea voyage to New York City. One of the passengers, artist Cornelius Wyatt, is traveling with a large oblong-shaped box, but one passenger, Renelle, tries to find out what is contained within the box.

“The Tell-Tale Heart” follows a man’s endeavors to rid himself of an old man whom he lives with. However, his methods won’t be pretty.

An Evening with Edgar Allan Poe stars Julia Venus, Jason Sibley, Noah Wetzel, Kerringtyn Malley, Ash Pfeiffer, Ary Shipley, Chelsea August, Nico DeGuzman, Haley Hoskin, and Liam Holland. Ms. Hodge is the Director, Aden McFarland is Production Manager,

and Noah Wetzel is Assistant Production Manager.

If you have pre-ordered a Poe t-shirt, these will arrive prior to the event.