Jackets Lose To Wesclin

Evan Bland held Gibault to one run in his three-inning sting against Gibault.

Bethany Baughman

Clayton Andrews, Sting Sports Editor

The Chester Yellow Jackets Baseball Team lost 10-0 to Wesclin on Thursday, May 4th.

Matt James pitched 1.2 innings for the Jackets, giving up three hits, and eight runs. Aidan Blechle pitched 2.1 innings, giving up two hits, and two runs. Evan Bland, Aidan Blechle, and Trace Fricke recorded one hit each. Evan Bland recorded a stolen base.

The Jackets will look to pick up a win vs Valmeyer on Monday, May 8th.

The Chester Yellow Jackets Baseball Team moved to a 10-9 record after an 11-10 win on Senior Night vs Perryville. Chance Mott, Trace Fricke, Koby Jany, Matt James, Gage Hasemeyer, and Aidan Blechle were all honored at the game.

Kolton Jany pitched 2.2 innings for the Jackets, giving up six hits and five runs. Aden Runge pitched one inning, giving up one hit and four runs. Lucas Thompson pitched 3.1 innings, giving up three hits and one run. Chance Mott, Evan Bland, and Trace Fricke had two RBIs each for the Jackets. Gage Hasemeyer, Aden Runge, and Matt James had one each. Chance Mott, Kolton Jany, and Aron Korando all recorded a stolen base.

The Chester Yellow Jackets Baseball team picked up a 14-6 conference win over Sparta May 2, moving them to 2nd in the Illinois Division.

Evan Bland pitched four innings for the Jackets, giving up four hits and five runs. Evan Dunning pitched three innings for the Jackets, giving up three hits and one run. Chance Mott had three RBIs for the Jackets, Evan Dunnnig had two. and Koby Jany, Kolton Jany, Aden Runge, Evan Bland, Matt James, and Trace Fricke all had one each. Chance Mott and Trace Fricke recorded three stolen bases each. Gage Hasemeyer and Matt James each had one.

The Chester Yellow Jackets move to an 8-9 record after a 11-1 loss to St. Vincent.

Trace Fricke pitched four innings for the Jackets, giving up seven hits and seven runs. Aidan Blechle pitched one inning, giving up three hits and four runs. Evan Bland had the Jackets’ only RBI with a homerun.
The non-conference loss ended the Jackets’ five-game winning streak.
The Chester Yellow Jackets Baseball Team will play again on May 2 against Sparta High School.

The Chester Yellow Jackets Baseball Team moved to a 5-2 conference record after an 11-5 victory over Okawville.

Aidan Blechle pitched four innings for the Jackets, giving up two hits and one run. Matt James pitched the final three innings, giving up four hits and four runs. Kolton Jany had three RBIs. Aron Korando, Matt James, and Trace Fricke had two each. Koby Jany had one. Koby Jany, Kolton Jany, Evan Bland, Trace Fricke, and Ethan Colvis all recorded one stolen base.

It was Chester’s fifth win in a row.

The Chester Yellow Jackets Baseball Team picked up wins vs. New Athens and Valmeyer, giving them a four-game win streak.

The Chester Jackets beat the New Athens Jackets thanks to a three-run fourth inning, giving them a 7-4 victory. Trace Fricke pitched five innings for the Jackets, giving up eight hits and four runs. Aidan Blechle pitched two innings, giving up one hit and no runs. Aden Runge had two RBIs for the Chester Jackets. Gage Hasemeyer, Kolton Jany, and Trace Fricke all had one. Chance Mott, Koby Jany, Kolton Jany, Aden Runge, Matt James, and Trace Fricke all had stolen bases for Chester.

The Jackets picked up a 10-3 victory over Valmeyer, scoring seven of their ten runs in the third inning. Evan Dunning pitched four innings for the Jackets, giving up two hits and one run. Evan Bland pitched three innings for the Jackets, giving up just one hit, but two runs. Chance Mott led the Jackets with four RBIs, Trace Fricke had 2, Gage Hasemeyer, Koby Jany, and Aron Korando all had one. Chance Mott, Koby Jany, Kolton Jany, Evan Bland, Evan Dunning, and Matt James all recorded stolen bases.

The Chester Yellow Jackets Baseball Team pick up another conference win vs. Carlyle after scoring six runs in the first two innings, giving them a 7-3 victory.

Matt James pitched five innings for the Jackets, giving up two hits and three runs. Evan Dunning came in to relieve him for the final two innings, giving up one hit and zero runs. Matt James and Gage Hasemeyer each had two RBIs for the Jackets. Chance Mott and Evan Bland had one. Chance Mott, Aron Korando, Evan Bland, Aidan Blechle, and Matt James all recorded a stolen base each.

The Chester Yellow Jackets Baseball Team handed Wesclin its first conference loss thanks to a three-run fourth inning that produced a 5-2 victory.

Evan Bland started on the mound for the Jackets, giving up three hits and two runs. Evan Dunning came in to relieve him in the final innings, giving up just one hit and no runs. Aidan Blechle had two RBIs and Gage Hasemeyer had one. Evan Bland had the Jackets’ only stolen base.

The Jackets lost a close battle with Sparta, 4-3, on April 11. Matt James and Aidan Blechle pitched for the Jackets. James gave up five hits and four runs. Blechle came into relieve him and gave up no hits and no runs. Matt James had all three RBIs for the Jackets.

The Jackets lost 16-5 against Nashville on April 12. The Jackets pitched four different players in this game. Korbin Jany pitched, giving up four hits and five runs. Kolton Jany gave up four hits and three runs. Aden Runge gave up two hits and seven runs. Aidan Blechle gave up two hits and no runs. Kolton Jany had two RBIs. Gage Hasemeyer, Koby Jany, and Evan Bland all had one.

The Chester Yellow Jackets Baseball Team lost a close game to Elvarado, 11-8, on Monday, April 10.

Evan Dunning, Kolton Jany, and Trace Fricke all pitched for the Jackets. Evan Dunning pitched three innings, giving up three hits and three runs. Trace Fricke pitched two innings, giving up five hits and three runs. Kolton Jany pitched one inning, giving up no hits and no runs.

The Jackets went into the final inning down by three runs, but a comeback looked promising. The Jackets had three runners on base but weren’t able to earn any runs and ultimately left them stranded. Aden Runge had two RBIs, Gage Hasemeyer had one, and Matt James had one. Korbin Jany and Aron Korando recorded two stolen bases. Chance Mott, Gage Hopkins, and Koby Jany all had one.

The Jackets took a 13-2 victory against Okawville on March 30. Aidan Blechle pitched 3.2 innings for the Jackets, giving up three hits and two runs. Evan Dunning followed by pitching 3.1 innings, giving up four hits and zero runs. The Jackets recorded 13 hits in their victory. Chance Mott hit his first career home run.

The Jackets won back-to-back games, beating Anna-Jonesboro 10-7 on April 1. Kolton Jany pitched three innings for the Jackets, giving up three hits and five earned runs. Trace Fricke pitched four innings, giving up three hits and one earned run. Korbin Jany and Matt James led the team with two RBIs each. Koby Jany, Kolton Jany, and Aden Runge all had an RBI, as well. Chance Mott and Trace Fricke recorded two stolen bases each.

The Chester Yellow Jackets Baseball Team lost a close game to Gibault, 14-13, on Wednesday, March 29th.

The Jackets got off to a rough start and trailed the Hawks 11-1 heading into the fifth inning. The Jackets were able to get the bats going and mounted a comeback. They still trailed by five but the hitting continued to excel and the Jackets scored four runs. Unfortunately, the Jackets came up just short, leaving the game tying run stranded on second base to end the game.

Chester pitched four different players in this game. Trace Fricke pitched one inning, giving up five hits and six earned runs. Evan Bland pitched three innings, giving up three hits and one earned run. Korbin Jany pitched two innings, giving up three hits and one earned run. Chance Mott pitched the final inning for the Jackets, giving up two hits and one earned run.

Matt James and Aden Runge each had two hits and three RBIs. Trace Fricke had one hit that drove in two runs. Korbin Jany, Chance Mott, Koby Jany, Aron Korando, and Evan Bland all recorded one RBI as well. Chance Mott and Evan Bland each recorded a stolen base.
The Jackets played an in-game conference vs Red Bud on Tuesday, April 4th. The Jackets played a close game throught the third inning but struggled and had some very bad innings, losing with a final score of 22-2.