Mr. Gardner Bids Adieu

Nov. 30 last day for student teacher

Students wore black in honor of Mr. Gardners last day at CHS.

Jimmy Gardner, who student taught with Mrs. Hammel first semester, had his last day at CHS on Nov. 30.

Students “celebrated” his departure with mock eulogies. Several students wore black.

Mr. Gardner shared the following message:

“I am so sad to see my time at CHS come to an end! My students decided to wear black and have a funeral for me. As morbid as that sounds, it was perfect! They brought letters, eulogies, pictures, notes, cards, candy. We told stories and signed autographs. My Seniors even sent me on a scavenger hunt. I cannot thank the students and staff enough. They were nothing but kind and welcoming and we had an amazing time. Thank you to my co-teacher Mrs. Hammel for all the guidance and support. I cannot believe 16 weeks has come to an end. I will miss the laughter more than anything, we laughed until we cried, told stories, connected our learning to real life, and built relationships that I hope inspire them to learn and above all else be adventurous. Remember, you are worthy enough for YOU, let no one else change that. My next adventure is right around the corner, but I am very sad to see this one end. From the bottom of my heart, I send nothing but well wishes and love to everyone at CHS. Thank you, thank you.
Be humble and live free, life’s a crazy ride.

Mr. Gardner