New Superintendent Outlines Goals

Julia Nicole Venus, Sting Reporter

Chester CUSD 139’s new superintendent, Mrs. Briggs, was interviewed by the Sting on August 24th and answered questions with an eager attitude.
Superintendent Briggs previously lived in Fairfield for 20 years with her husband until moving to Chester recently. She has three kids, two grandchildren, a dog named Bella, and an admirable passion for aiding in the education of children. One of her main goals for this school year is to really evaluate the foundation of the 1925 high school building in the school. She presented many different ideas on a plan to build a new building in place of the old one, but issues with funding have led her to develop a five-year plan that keeps the old building in a healthy, functioning condition until a new one can be built.
Mrs. Briggs brings a very proactive attitude to her new job and is determined to be an active member of the community. When questioned about how to take care of the bug problems, she mentioned that an exterminator already visits once a month but that she is going to look into what else can be done to remove the pests.
“I want to do what’s best for kids so when I make decisions, I will always try to make the best ones,” Mrs. Briggs said.
Mrs. Briggs is happy to help make this a great school year and is very excited to meet the student body.